Internship

Hello,

It has been two weeks since I started my internship in Pusat Komunikasi Korporat UKM, Bangi. I've got a lot of questions from my aunts, uncles, cousins and friends about my internship. They asked me why I chose UKM as my LI placement where I'm also doing my degree in UKM. Lol

Well, to answer everyone's question...I only applied to three companies for my LI placement. When I told them about this to my parents, they were like 'Seriously Aalia? Awat sikit sangat? Orang minta la banyak sikit bagi peluang tu tinggi untuk dapat dalam masa terdekat bla bla bla..' And my answer to the them was " Ma, abah...orang minta company yang orang minat ja la. Bahagian yang orang expert. Kalau main minta ja kang orang dapat, orang tak suka macam mana?'. Little, they accept my excuse because you know, my parents are among considerate people that I have ever encountered in my life ❤. Most of my classmates, I know some of them apply to more than six companies and that shocked me. I felt nervous after I learned about that maybe because they really worked hard for our LI placement since we needed to compete with a lot of students from other universities and not so many companies needed an intern. Sigh 10x !!! Urghhh I'm gonna be okay and I will get my placement for my LI.

Forgot to mention, I also upload my resume via jobsmalaysia.com and internsheep.com. After my posting, I got a lot of phone calls from companies that have reviewed my resume on those websites. I didn't say yes to all the phone calls if they asked me for an interview. This is because I read a lot of scam companies around Kuala Lumpur and that scared me to death. Eerr- not really, I'm just being careful of my future career :') I googled their company's name and yeah some of them were a scam company. I was like, 'Lucky you Aalia you checked them first on Google..read reviews of their company and declined their interview. Syukur.' Then, the company I really wanted the most called me. I admit that I was over the moon when I got the phone call from them but in the end, it did not go well. The reason was, that they wanted me to start my LI in May and clearly, I'm not finished with my study yet, and on top of that, my viva was on the line. I declined their offer and I cried. Clearly, macam mana I takde jodoh dengan dia..begitu juga dengan company tersebut. Next, I got an offer from Genting Berhad as well but I also declined it because urghhh I don't want to work on shift. It is just a practical for god sake. Lastly, my dad asked me to apply to UKM. He said it is easy for me to do my LI in UKM since I don't need to think about the accommodation issue like where to stay and where to rent. I accepted his proposal and on my last day in UKM after my final exam, I sent my resume to Pusat Komunikasi Korporat (PKK) UKM at the Canselori building. Lastly, one week after Eidulfitri, I got a call from them and I got accepted. The end.

I choose PKK because there is the word ''communication''. As long as there is communication, I will apply it. I really like to talk and involve myself with something related to it since I have high skills in communication- approved by people who know me well and myself, too.☺ Now, I kinda enjoying my work here. My job scope here is to cover any events in UKM and write news for it to be published in UKM's magazines. I'm doing both languages (Bahasa Melayu and English version) meh (-_-)'. I'm gonna stop my writing here. Be happy, be bold and be confident in whatever you're doing right now. May all the goodness and kindness in this world belong to us.




P/s: OMG, I'm a big girl already !!!

2 comments:

ASTraveller said...

salam singgah dan follow. :)

ru7 said...

Hello. I need to contact you because i want apply internship at corp comm UKM this october 🙏